Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Slacking Off

Some days even the weather is telling you to stay in bed. I did - as long as I could - but I had to come into work. Why? Pressing business? No - pretty much the fact that everyone else in my office is out sick, has scheduled doctor's appointments, or is just taking time off. Could it be the fact that our boss is training this week? I think I feel a nasty 24-hour cold coming on tomorrow. The key is maintaining credibility. Sick enough, but not avian flu. That's the key. Or - use the old honest -but-not-really version. i.e. you do have a Doctor's appointment, but that doesn't mean you need 6 hours off, or yes, you have a headache and are too tired to come in, but only because you watched 8 straight hours of "I Love the 80s" last night.....
Yep. Definitely feeling sickness in advance.

No comments: