Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Brussels, San Fran and Points in Between

So after Christmas in Carson City, NV, we headed home to NoVa. Birthdays passed - mine in Kosovo, A's at home with M and the guys in the basement; snow and ice fell from the sky, after what had been a warm, warm winter. A had spent most of that winter praying for a snowfall, but after the first he'd had his fill, and wasn't too happy to shovel the driveway 2-3 more times. I had the chance to see Brussels for the first time on a whirlwind Feb trip of 2 days. Sadly, I was under the weather, and barely dragged myself to the Grand Plac once to get chocolates for office and home. In fact, most of February was spent miserably ill, but on the bright side, I am now more svelte than I have been, well, ever! (But watch this space for weight gain soon, if you know what I mean, hint, hint, wink, wink!) On the 10-11th we went to Phila for teh King Tut exhibit and the Philadelphia Flower Show (listed as one of the 1,000 Things To Do Before You Die.) Both were fantastic, but the crush of being surrounded by hundreds of thousands of people made us happy to head back to the "quiet" of our full house. (Cousin O came to visit us that weekend as well, so we were 6 and a dog for one night.) And at the end of April, I've booked us tickets to the wedding of one of my oldest and dearest friends in San Fran. We've added a day to sightsee - suggestions welcome - and if we get to the wedding early, there's the opportunity to shoot. Not like a driveby in Oakland, the wedding will be at a Hunt club, so we shoot skeet. M is more excited than I can relay.
And that may have to be all the travel I can handle, as A's parents arrive in early June for EIGHT WEEKS! Busy summer.... More on the inlaw visit later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Weight gain soon"? Huh? I don't get it. Are you poppin' 'roids?