Thursday, April 26, 2007
How Travel Has Changed!
We're off to the SanFran wedding of one of my oldest dearest friends. I have thought about this day a lot over the past almost 20 years. The ceremony as described in the invite is just like her - laid-back, "shotgun chic." (The wedding is at a Rod & Gun Club, and we can shoot skeet if we get there early - not quite her left-wing style, but definitely funky.) Anyway, the way I'd imagined celebrating with her isn't quite what this is looking like. Travel with kids has taken some getting used to - even though M is really young adult. You have to plan one "event" each AM and PM, instead of the 3 events with lots of walking and minimal snacks when it's just you. No bachelorette party - largely because a) I can't drink and b) minimizing school absence is important. But family is important, and I'm looking forward to just being with my boys and not working. I will find a balance here - hot mama party chick layin' it down with my buds, and stable mature mama chick, nurturing her kids and supporting her husband. I know I can do both, it's just a question of planning! After all, didn't we decide to have a kid since we don't often go out anyway?
Labels:
Vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment