This has really been a banner week for the family and the excruciatingly long acclimitization process:
- They will install our 6 foot+ diameter satellite dish on the roof next Tuesday. Don't ask what it is costing us - just know that I love my husband very, very much. And his ability to watch the NZ All Blacks play rugby is crucial to our marital bliss.
- We have the wireless network up and running. Now I no longer have to scream at the teenager who plays 56 straight hours of World of Warcraft on the weekend that I need to use the computer. Serenity prevails. In fact, I'm locked in the bathroom right now (to prevent the baby from pushing her favorite key "Delete.")
- Our new maid starts on Tuesday. This will cut down on hubby and I spending our weekend not winding down from a difficult week of combatting Ukrainian corruption but instead washing toilets. In a sad commentary on the economic situation here (even before the crisis) our lovely maid is actually a college graduate with a degree as a speech therapist for young children. But she'll make more cleaning our apartment and nannying another mother's small kids. Tragic! I like that we're both helping each other, but I wish she could do what she's trained to do!
- The sun came out yesterday. It's been well over a week. Everyone in the city was in a better mood, and you could taste the promise of Spring. Today? Back to thick pea soup fog. Sigh.
1 comment:
Ahh bliss, leaving Ukraine for a few days!!!!
Post a Comment