Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter & Helsinki - What a combo!

Eggs? Who needs eggs?
S and Keenan grooving out to Guns'n'Roses. Our only glimpse of her Easter dress.It's tough to be a teen, but he was a good sport. Here is M, guarding the all-important basket of... empty plastic eggs.



Look, it's sunny... but somehow still freezing cold. Not as cold as A was in Finland, though.
A went to Finland for the long weekend, and I was the sole responsible adult in the house. As you can see from the photos, it is very difficult to manage and point and shoot, so please appreciate the attempt, at least. The egg hunt was held Saturday at the Marine House, which has a lovely front yard and a huge, terror-proof 8 ft tall fence. This meant that I could let S run around with impunity. This was good, since she was totally uninterested in actually picking up the eggs, as evidenced in the photo here, where she is dropping the egg M put in her hand. (That biscuit was SO tasty! Despite being stale...) M came early and helped set up, but as the only teen I released him after S did her egg hunt - he took the pizza and soda and ran. S did a full 3 hours of running around, walking up and down steps and curbs, falling on her knees, dancing inside (with her buddy Keenan) and basically tiring herself to the point of exhaustian (yeah!)
And yes, I know how big they both are - I'd attach a voice clip of M's deep voice, but I don't think that blogspot is that saavy for me yet.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my! How Michael has changed! He's all grown up in just the few months since we've seen him last! I can't believe it! And Sarah of course is just as cute as can be! Happy Easter!

Wendy R. said...

Look how much hair she's getting! Look how much hair they're both getting! *chuckle* Happy Orthodox Easter this weekend! :)