Kyiv is like a different city in the Spring. People are friendlier, moods are lifted, and the social circuit starts up again. S had a 3rd birthday party, which was an excellent excuse to get her out of her typical sandbox-and-dirt stained clothing and into a nice party dress. 
I was looking for a reason to try on the future Matron of Honor outfit, so we signed up last minute for the International Womens' Club of Kyiv ball. We had a great time, and there were swag bags from Givenchy - so we felt very posh. We even won a basket in the raffle - donated by the French Embassy. It had some great champagne and wine and then, oddly, some really cheap local cheese. But the scandal was that one of the sponsors who was unhappy tried to walk off with our basket! We went to pick it up around midnight, and they said it had been taken. I saw it "walking off" and made them go talk to him. I mean, really, maybe it was an honest mistake, but since they called our name out you would think that someone would know if they didn't hear their name? Odd, and caused some discomfort for my friends who were organizing. But it's the principle of the thing!
So - we got home around midnight to find that our "babysitter" needs a refresher. Apparently S finally fell asleep around 11:40, on the recliner, with a half drunk bottle and some chocolate smeared across her face. Uh, yeah. She was happy, and no harm done, but I think we may consider hiring the nanny to stay evenings. Routine is important! 
4 comments:
Cole is sitting on my lap saying "Sarah... balloon!...Sarah..." I say, nice dress!!
sometimes Dorothy comes home and finds me asleep on the recliner, with a half empty bottle,and chocolate smeared all over my face!!!
Post a Comment