So, what's a long weekend with a visit from a U.S. dignitary? Unheard of in the Foreign Service. So Secretary of State Hillary Clinton visited us on July 2. In a great irony, as I busily prepared her visit to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, my dear husband was able to attend the family and employees meet and greet and actually met her! The photo isn't so great, but there is another one where you can see Aaron actually saying hello.

In all fairness, I did actually see her as she attended the Strategic Partnership Commission, and I tirelessly fulfilled my duties as "Site Officer." And I did end up having to hold on the flowers that the Foreign Minister gave her, which brightened up the apartment for a while.

But at this rate, Aaron will be having coffee with Obama before I even meet my own boss!
No comments:
Post a Comment