Saturday, December 18, 2010

Halloween

Each year the Embassy hosts a Halloween party for the kids, as it isn't widely celebrated here in Ukraine. They hold it in my office building, and many of the offices get really into the process of decorating. (I do not as my office door is very remote and hard to find, and each year I have been out with the kids - I used to leave the older, single lawyer who works with me in charge of candy distribution. He didn't wear a costume as we figured that a U.S. Federal Prosecutor is scary enough as is!)
Now that Miss S is old enough to understand candy, we actually seem to get something out of the holiday. Conversely, now she knows when certain older people start eating her candy. So this year we had the following:

1 Princess - check!1 Lady bug - check!
1 Lacrosse player - check!1 Good sport father wearing the ladybug antennae.1 set of sisters "sharing" the candy. Which meant that S let her sister touch the candy, but not eat it. (I am in thebackground with my devil outfit...)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Super cute!! So the cousins were both Ladybugs! Too bad we weren't closer to get a pic!

This year our house went communitst and we dumped all the candy from the three bags into one giant bowl.. the boys were not big fans of that idea.. but Rob and I made out quite nicely!