Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Laleka April Fairy Tale Spectacular! (Pictures)

And once again, we are back at beautiful Laleka during a workday to view a perfomance by the "Younger Class."  My daughter, foe the second time in a row, played the role of "Frog."  This time, though, you'll notice that they managed to give her an awesome hat.  Excuse me - where was that last time??So in this "spectacle" they acted out the fairy tale "Happy Hut" or "Veselinka Khatinka."  All of the groups of animals come up and act out their song, and then knock on the door of the hut (which she's sitting next to in the bottom photo) and go inside - figuratively, since these are all 3 years old, and cramming them together, while fun to watch, wouldn't end well.  Finally, at the end a bear joins in, and something happened, but since I don't speak Ukrainian, it's still a bit of a cliff-hanger for me.  I guess I could watch all of the video if I cared to.

Bunnies, Mice, Frogs.

And then at the end the awesome nursery teacher who does the planning for these events came out dressed as something - a raincloud?  Regardless, she had a big bunch of blue balloons shaped like a raincloud, and each kid got to do a circuit with her.  They loved it.
And the obligatory gift was provided at the end - thankfully not edible.  It's a great workbook... in Ukrainian.  I can figure it out, though, as the concepts of matching and grouping transcend linguistic ability.
Best frog EVER!

No comments: