Tuesday, July 27, 2004

My IQ probably peaked in elementary school

My friend Violet has a pithy post on her blog (sorry, password protected, no link!) on how quickly her ego cycles.  I sympathize as I alternate between supreme intelligence in the face of incredibly insipid individuals and the soul-crushing realization that my IQ probably peaked in elementary school.  This latter has become more apparent as I negotiate on a rather prickly bi-lateral issue that involves nuanced and often biased interpretations of certain aspects of international law and emotional attachment to patriotic ideals.  I'm in over my head.  But I wonder if I'm the only one that sees it that way, as I have been told in the past that I come off as fairly competent when engaged in these discussions.  I guess we never see ourselves as others do, and I know I'm my own worst critic.

Anyway, insanely busy - headed off to Samoa in early August and from there to the States for a vacation.  You can't imagine trying to plan your packing list for 6 weeks, when the temperatures will vary from 40 to 100 degrees, business attire and casual wear.  I welcome the challenge if it gets me R&R at home!!

No comments: