Friday, May 27, 2005

I'm Officially Married!!

On Saturday, May 21, A and I made if official in front of God and (2) Countries. As befits a wedding that I had a hand in, there was laughter during the vows, drinking during the ceremony and crying during the toasts. There was more family than you could shake a stick at - and with 15 small kids, there was a lot of stick-shaking.
As I said during my impromptu remarks, it really touched me to be surrounded by so many people who care deeply about our future and who have pledged to support us in our marriage - especially since 90% of the people there were complete strangers less than two years ago. Such is the nature of my job, and, hopefully, A's and my outlook on life that we make good friends quickly and easily. With a lot of travel in our future, let's hope so!
And now, all of the houseguests and family have departed. I have started the Immigration process for the boys, and am gearing up for the big move back to the States. I had no idea it would take so much out of me emotionally and physically. I remember watching a TV show "Bridezilla" with A a few months ago and laughing at these deranged women. And then - the week before the wedding - I became the taskmaster from hell. Crying, yelling, snarking - you name it. I think I just took on too much - all of the final details, 7 houseguests, trying to provide a normal life for M, and training my replacement to take over my job. Did I mention that we move countries in 4 weeks? I'm still exhausted, and may do nothing this weekend but write thank you notes. I'm not superwoman. Hard for me to say, but admitting it takes a lot of the burden off.
Thank you everyone who made our wedding special - it really was fantastic, and let me know if you'd like to see pictures when they come out. Besos.

No comments: