Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I Dream... But Get Stuck In Details

I Dream...
Of a lot of things, some fairly mundane, and some a bit more earth-shattering, world-size. Perhaps I shouldn't say "dream" for some of them, since they sound more like a to-do list than aspirations. I mean I Dream: Of Being Able to someday speak Russian fluently. Of taking a photography class and recording my life, since I have a slightly battered if not crushed dream of maintaining a daily journal of my life as a glamorous (or mundane) diplomat. The dream was strongly hit by the death of my home laptop when our son's babysitter, who is a friend's 15 year old kid thought it would be neat to check out some porn - which his parents don't let him do at home for obvious reasons. Well, he downloaded a trojan that has left me with nought but strippers on my hard drive. No journal, no photos of my budding relationship with soon-to-be hubby, no detailed inventory of my things that I use for moving. On the flip side, as a huge pack rat, it does mean I finally have an excuse for deleting every joke and cheesy photo that people have sent that I felt guilty about exorcising from my disk. Lighten and brighten as mom says! Ummm, yes, what was I saying about dreams? Lately my dreams have involved showing up at the wedding to find that there aren't any cars, and I have to drive all the guests around in groups of 3.

I also dream of being an Ambassador. Or a successful mother of successful kids. Or running an international mail-order shoe store that supplies only women's shoes over a size 10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi and I love you...

Alanna