Friday, April 22, 2005

Nothing to report

No, really. Wedding planning is on-going. We're going to see the Hurricanes tackle the Highlanders in tonight's Super 12 Rugby game (Go 'Canes!) I'm having a garage sale tomorrow in preparation for moving, and in recognition of the fact that we're getting some nice presents for the wedding. I had no idea how much of my clothing I have owned since the end of high school. It's hard to let go, but man - what was I thinking? Like the flower patter jumper was going to come back in style? I actually found myself wanting to keep stuff "for when I get pregnant." What?!? Like I'm going to want to wear that 1989 Gap oversize shirt just because it will fit over some hypothetical baby bump? Rationality was been inserted into the process, largely by A. He is bringing to this marriage a dining suite and two beds. And about 10 pounds of clothes for both he and M. They own almost nothing - he is the anti-pack-rat. For those of you who still have your 2nd grade short story/art collection, it is unfathomable. And I fall into that category. But my system now is to put the clothes in a box for about a month. If I don't go looking for it at all, I don't need it, and it can go.

Selling stuff is also a GREAT excuse to go out and shop.

No comments: