Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Frustration At Work

Now that's a title that I think most people can relate to. Everyone came into work this morning with a bit of a chip on their shoulder. It's not helped by the fact this is the slowest season of the year. Why can't we just have the last two weeks of July off? Or part of August like the Euros? I have been filing this week. That and balancing my proverbial checkbook (who really writes checks anymore? Anyone?) and calling the rest of my family, which is currently at the beach. I went up there last weekend and it rained. Now I'm in a cubicle and the weather's great here AND there. So sitting through this morning's tedious staff meeting, where we discussed nothing for 30 minutes, was excruciating. At least let me procrastinate in private, and not force us into a communal suffering!
At least the bid lists for my next job come out soon. A pleasant, if stressful, diversion.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dorothy,
I had lunch with Jenny Richards (OK, Damon) yesterday and we were wondering how things were going with you. Anyway, send a note when you get the chance and we can catch up.

Ki yi,
Mary