
The "Meat market" has begun, and all of those jobs I showed interest in are deciding whether or not I am worth their time and effort, and weighing my merit relative to other, generally equally qualified people. So far, I've been lucky. There are two positions - "Drugs and Thugs" coordination in Kyiv, Ukraine (see photo for worksite conditions) and a helath job in Moscow - working on Avian Flu, TB and HIV/AIDS. Both sound quite uplifiting (?) So - I hope to find out soon, but in the meantime, feel free to register your vote. Moscow or Kyiv (aka Kiev)? Both have equally icky cuisine, tough weather conditions, poverty, and corruption. But they also both speak Russian, have great Communist tchotchke for sale, and good high school for the little one. Oh, what to do!
1 comment:
Well...both cities have the disadvantage of a possible visit from me, and the only disadvantage Kiev has (save the aforementioned mafia contract hit) is its negative association with a now-notorious Baldwin Ring Dinner where the city's namesake chicken dish was poked at in disgust by 40 obnoxious teenage girls.
Post a Comment