Friday, October 27, 2006

RUGBY!

Looks like my dear hubby will be competing in the upcoming Ambassador's Shield, November 19 here in DC. He hasn't tried out yet, but either way we're going to sit by our All Blacks flag and drink Speight's (or Miller if we can't find any Kiwi beer) and harangue the backs about their lack of fluidity, and how much better Dan Carter looks in a tight top than any of them. I'm excited! It is sponsored by the NZ Ambassador (a colleague from my time there) and promises to be some of the best rugby you'll see in the US - for whatever that's worth.
Come one, come all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dorothy,
I wished we lived closer to you...we'd definitely come to this! Eamon still follows the rugby very closely (he was happy at the beating England took this weekend) and is trying to coordinate our September trip to Ireland with the Rugby World Cup in France.

I hope all is well with you. Drop me a line sometime!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Ooops, excuse my poor English.

I WISH, not "wished", we lived closer. Yes, Mommy brain has taken hold...