Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm the Lead in Alien

It seems as though in the past two weeks this baby has taken on - literally - a life of its own. It went from "gentle flutters" in my abdomen to bizarre cases where my stomach appears to have hiccups. I'll be doing something quiet - like typing a blog - and suddenly my lower half will jerk spasmodically to the left. It's a bit disconcerting. I did learn, though that the baby likes it when I eat Kraft macaroni and cheese, and when I watch rugby. I think that this solidifies any debate about whether or not preferences are determined in the womb - obviously this will be an athletic, laid-back Kiwi kid with weird American food tastes and my big nose. (Poor thing - it's just genetics!) And now, back to trying to focus while watching "Mutiny of the Body."

No comments: