I'm entering the home stretch - definitely starting to feel it. I always thought of the basketball analogy as a bit trite, and that is definitely confirmed by the fact that this darling baby of mine feels like a medicine ball attached to my abdomen, not an air-filled basketball! I can sometimes forget that I am pregnant, but then I'll try to reach something far away, or, more likely, the baby will perform a barrel roll. Hard to ignore that. Photos of my belly are available for those that want them - just email me, and I'll send them on.
A and I went through childbirth class - it was very practical, thank heavens. There was some breathing practice (inhale... hee, hee, hee, full exhale or "think of a colored triangle") which was a bit hokey, but I'll tell you how it went after labor. Maybe I'll be happy I knew about the triangle? We saw lots of diagrams that should be mandatory training for teenagers as birth control - yuck! (No more details, sorry folks.) We toured Sibley Hospital - the "Country Club" of DC-area hospitals, and quite nice. Yeah, health insurance! Most importantly, they have a kitchenette for A's beers, and Wifi in the cafe for him to get rugby World Cup updates. We have a lot of the "stuff" associated with child-ownership, including clothes, diapers and transport system. What I am worried about is getting all 3 passports in time to get to NZ for Christmas. Relying on the DC public records system for a quick turnaround could doom us to failure. Pray for us....
No comments:
Post a Comment