Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Horses and Coffee






We took S on her first horse ride about two weeks ago. She had a look of serious concentration and concern on her face the whole time, but seemed pleased in general. It was at a restaurant that had a petting zoo, including pigs and chickens and full-size horses. Notice, though, the complete absence of safety equipment in this process.

Up top you'll see the restaurant - they like to do outdoor huts where you can eat. Aaron liked this place because a woman in traditional Ukrainian dress greets you at the door and gives you a shot of vodka, one of a lightly-alcoholic fruit juice, and then a piece of, well, basically fat, to wash it down. I begged off, but he took it on - what a champ!


And above, S enjoys a latte with Dad. Shortly after this she accidentally hit me in the eyebrow with a giant stick, leading to the biggest, blackest eye I have had since I was about 7. Thanks, dear!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Perhaps she'll take up fencing!! Hope the eye heals quickly!!