On May 16 we finally took the plunge and fed the littlest her first solid food. By solid in this case I mean organic imported German rice mush. As with her big sister, there was a moment of hesitation, and then the instinct kicked in. I think she was more than ready, but I had wanted to wait a little longer since she was born so early, and also, the longer she could exclusively nurse the better.
You can find good baby food here, but for the first few solids, I ordered Gerber first foods from abroad - just in case! Quality control here is nonexistent, and I didn't want to mess around with potential allergens. The food was tasty, I suppose, but apparently more delicious when mixed with spit and chewed off of one's own hand. I'm going to take her word for it, and not try it myself.
This was only a test run, as you can see by the fact that she wasn't even wearing a bib. What a good eater, clean and charming - I can guarantee that by now, the time I write this, we have had prunes up her nose and on the ceiling, as she gets more engaged. She's a tough one, able to take care of herself!
As you can see from the pictures, we had a matching helper who just loved putting the spoon in her sister's mouth. She was surprisingly gentle, but I think it will require watching like a hawk to make sure she doesn't choke the little one.
No comments:
Post a Comment