Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Bring Your Own Pasta, We'll Provide the Water

Trapped at work until late, since the Italians are having a "Pasta Party" at 7:30, and it's too far to head home and back. I'm still not sure if the title of the party means I need to bring my own pasta dough, and they'll supply the hot water, but I think you can't go wrong with a bottle of wine. Thankfully, that's one thing we are seriously long on here in Middle Earth.

So, I thought instead of doing more work that would be done badly because it's late and I'm distracted, I'd try blogging, since my ability to send out fairly regular e-mail updates to y'all is failing. It's not that I don't mean to, it's just that nothing life-threatening seems to happen here. I have a normal life with acceptable social outlets for my highs, lows, frustrations and triumphs. Therefore, I don't end up with such pent-up words that I need to type it all out and justify the oddness in my life through feedback from friends and family. But maybe I can commit to writing a little prose infrequently on this site. Commitment. Damn. I must be nearing 30....

No comments: