Thursday, December 09, 2004

Back Pain

I wonder if there is a certain level of stress that people can't live without, and so they focus on trivial incidents in order to achieve that adrenalin rush? Why do I ask? Ummm... no reason. No, I've been very concerned lately about my schedule and making sure everything is just so... in May and June. My partner thinks that I am insane for planning further out than the coming weekend, but that is why we get along so well. My North-East US neuroticism is complemented by his Down-Under laid-backness. I hope. If not, it'll be a helluva life together!

Perhaps it's just the holiday season? I haven't been to the gym to work off my holiday face-stuffing, as I am suffering pretty bad back pain. I dutifully go to the physiotherapist, as prostitution is legal here and I am leery of "massage parlors." He said I have a stressed back. So perhaps it isn't me, it's just certain muscles that are worried about my packing arrangements six months from now? While i haven't worked out (triathalon still looms) I am eating immensely, with lunches planned daily, and holiday parties at night. Had a great time last night, drinking with the Government Opposition. Have I mentioned how nice Kiwis are? Free beer, good converstion and the ability to put up a Christmas tree in a public building without fear of a lawsuit. Sometimes I think staying here permanently wouldn't be so bad. Better to worry about back pain than imminent death.

No comments: