Thursday, May 04, 2006

Anniversary!

So - coming up on some "big" dates soon - my one year anniversary. Hmmm... paper anniversary. Does that mean we exchange credit card bills or something? Who says romance is dead - perhaps we can update our wills together, or sign papers putting money into a retirement account. The first year has gone well - about as stressful as I thought - moving, new school, new job, paying my own bills - but I am applying "disciplined" Zen. Deep breaths, a mantra of "does this really matter" and a lot of backrubs. Seems to be working.
Anyway, my friend is going to take M dragon boating and around DC, so that A and I can have a nice night together. I miss the pre-wedding/ dating phase, when we talked about politics and economics - instead of little league practice. Marriage is hard work, but I think even knowing that fact makes it easier to improve upon.

No comments: