Thursday, August 20, 2009
Sleepy
S is suffering from jet lag after our return from a great trip to the States, and it isn't pretty. She woke up around 12:45 last night screaming and it took us almost an hour to calm her down. A had the brilliant idea of giving her crackers, since she hadn't wanted dinner. Why does food always work? So, she's had crackers, and wants to go to bed, right? Wrong. She proceeded to want to play for another few hours, run around and pretend it was mid-afternoon. Not helped by the fact that her brother was also up at 2 AM. I was not happy. So. I finally got her to wind down around 4:30 AM, using some fairly brutal tactics, including turning out the light, and pretending to sleep. (Note - it is very hard to only pretend to sleep when you are exhausted and lying down on a comfy pillow.) She dozed off. I, however, had to miss about 3 hours of work so that I could get enough sleep to be functional. The sleep is really for the baby, since I can't drink lots of coffee. As I slept I heard S laughing with the nanny as they headed out to the park at 10 AM. Grumble, grumble. Must be nice being a toddler...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope tonight everyone is back on schedule!!! and you got to go to bed early!
Post a Comment