Thanks to those of you who have contibuted commentary on my blog-ness. I received a number of responses from intrepid and objective outsiders, very few of which have anything to do with my blog topics. I include some of my "faves."
a)people in Thailand have really long names, but usually introduce themselves to foreigners with a nickname, like "D" or "Pond"
b) if you are bored in Samarkand, Uzbekistan, I can hook you up with a woman with lots of English-language novels
c) New Zealand was discovered largely as a by-product of Cook's voyage to Tahiti to witness the transit of Venus
d) my blog apparently gives the impression I am depressed/cranky all of the time - I'm not, though, it was just a bad week. So, please stop offering me your spare Prozac prescriptions. We have socialized medicine here, and anyway- I'm OK....
e) I found that I have friends who are bored with linear thought, and I find that strangely satisfying. Linear thought is for the overly left-brained.
f) If calculated mathematically, the proportion of friends remaining in the States to friends overseas is 41.6. Since the answer to the meaning of life is 42, I figure that's a good sign.
I also found out that, unless the list is really good, which this one isn't, I don't like making lists in my postings.
No comments:
Post a Comment