Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Birthday to our big 1 Year Old!

Bring on the brownies!
When your birthday is in the middle of the week, the celebration tends to be subdued. However, we did have a special dinner with a special dessert and a candle for our newest arrival on her birthday. I opted for brownies instead of cake, just for something different, and also because I don't have any cake mixes left and little time to work from scratch in the middle of the week! I don't think the kids minded, they were all happy to have some chocolate. I did eventually get around to having a party, but in my tricky fashion, I held it on her original expected due date in January. At least that was my excuse for having it late. As I've mentioned before, it is really frowned upon here to celebrate before an event, it's considered bad luck since in theory you may not make it to the big date, so really I was just following local custom!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy Girl! Happy Day! Love her two bottom teeth! Looks like a good time was had by all. Happy birthday G! (belated of course)